10074 - CHICORY - SELVATICA DA CAMPO - tape seeds
Sowing: from March to June
Distances: thinning cm 10 apart.
Harvesting: gradual from October to December
After harvesting the roots are planted indoors in wet, sandy soli and dark places. 3 weeks later tender, white, crisping leaves can be cutted, cm 25-30 long. Excellent in salads, fresh or boiled. Harvest can be done directly in the field too, cutting the new leaves in Spring.
Tapes are made with extra light and biodegradable paper, mt. 5/10 long with regularly and predeterminated spaced seeds. Different varieties of seeds with high germination rates.Tapes in wet soil will completely dissolve without hampering germination and will favour the right humidification of the seeds by absorbing water from the soil.
HOW TO USE TAPES
- - mark out furrows at cm 1-1,5 in depth keeping the right distances.
- Put the tape in the furrow covering with the residual soil
- Roll slightly and irrigate well
ADVANTAGES OF TAPES
- sowing will be simpler and faster
- you won’t need sowing machine
- there will be no waste of seeds
- rows will be more uniform
- your vegetable garden will look tidy
- every activity will be easier (treatments, cropping etc).